Dolly Parton’s new song, “Girl in the Movies,” from the Netflix movie, Dumplin’, received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Original Song in a Motion Picture. In addition to re-recording six songs from her iconic catalog for the movie’s soundtrack, Dolly co-penned and recorded six new songs, including “Girl in the Movies.”
Best Original Song in a Motion Picture
- “All the Stars” (Black Panther)
- “Girl in the Movies” (Dumplin’)
- “Requiem for a Private War” (A Private War)
- “Revelation” (Boy Erased)
- “Shallow” (A Star Is Born)
Dumplin’, which is based on Julie Murphy’s 2015 best-selling novel of the same name, stars Danielle Macdonald as the plus-size daughter of Jennifer Aniston, a former Texas beauty queen. The daughter is a Dolly fanatic who competes in her mom’s former beauty pageant as a protest.
The 12-song soundtrack features collaborations with Miranda Lambert, Sia, Elle King, Mavis Staples, Willa Amai, Rhonda Vincent, Alison Krauss, Macy Gray and Dorothy.
The album was released on Nov. 30, while Netflix will release the movie on Dec. 7.
Dumplin’ Track Listing
- “Here I Am” (Dolly Parton & Sia)
- “Holdin’ On to You” (Dolly Parton & Elle King)
- “Girl in the Movies”
- “Red Shoes”
- “Why” (Dolly Parton & Mavis Staples)
- “Dumb Blonde” (Dolly Parton & Miranda Lambert)
- “Here You Come Again” (Dolly Parton & Willa Amai)
- “Push & Pull”
- “If We Don’t” (Dolly Parton & Rhonda Vincent with Alison Krauss)
- “Two Doors Down” (Dolly Parton & Macy Gray with Dorothy)
- “Jolene” (New String Version)
photo by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com